There are plenty of reasons to love watermelon, and this Superfood is a favorite in our home. Although watermelon is roughly 92% water, they are full of nutrients such as Vitamins A & C, Potassium, and Electrolytes, making them the perfect for quenching your thirst during hot, summer days.
Sure watermelon tastes great, but it has some pretty amazing health benefits such as:
- Protects cells from free radicals
- Protects skin and eyes from harmful UV rays
- Protects against stroke and cardiovascular disease.
Without further ado, here is our list of 5 Things We Love About Watermelon:
- It’s a Superfood rich in lycopene, an antioxidant known to fight cancer.
- You can eat it right out of hand, in a salad, juice it, or make refreshing popsicles
- Organic watermelon is available with seeds (source if iron and zinc) or with out for those picky eaters in your home.
- It has it’s own song. “W-A-T-E-R-M-E-L-O-N watermelon”. I am sure we will all be signing this jingle for the rest of the day (you’re welcome).
- Watermelon can be classified as either a fruit or vegetable.
* Fun Fact – You need three things to grow watermelon: sun, bees and water. Honeybees must pollinate the yellow watermelon blossom 🙂
There are multiple ways to get involved and support the Potluck Happiness community. Join our newsletter for giveaways, discounts, and site updates (Never any spam). Search the site for Recipes, Adventures, and Simple Home living, or check out our Shop of handmade artisan goods. Share your happiness with the community by posting recipes, DIY tips, and home remedies. Follow us and share us with friends via Facebook. Thank you so much for sharing.