Hopefully, you picked up a few butternut squash from the grocery store or your local Farmers Market. If you did, this is a simple and delicious butternut squash soup recipe perfect for staying warm on a cold winter day. Only requiring a few ingredients, this soup will be ready to go in less than an hour. Enjoy!
- 4 cups butternut squash (2-3 lbs.), peeled and seeded
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons Vegan butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut squash into 1-inch chunks. Fresh is preferred, but frozen butternut squash is already cubed for convenience or use.
- In large pot melt butter
- Add onion and carrot, cooking until onions are translucent (3-4 minutes).
- Add squash and vegetable stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is fork tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender or use an immersion blender and puree until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir and season with salt and pepper.
There are multiple ways to get involved and support the Potluck Happiness community. Join our newsletter for giveaways, discounts, and site updates (Never any spam). Search the site for Recipes, Adventures, and Simple Home living, or check out our Shop of handmade artisan goods. Share your happiness with the community by posting recipes, DIY tips, and home remedies. Follow us and share us with friends via Facebook. Thank you so much for sharing in the space and making this online community a reality. We value you!