Coconut Milk Quinoa with Pomegranate
A superfood breakfast of coconut milk quinoa and pomegranate filled with Vitamins C & K and Copper.
Write a review
- 1/2 pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed, ground
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Measure quinoa and liquid. (1 cup quinoa = 2 cups liquid)
- Rinse the quinoa with cold water by placing it in the pan or a fine-mesh strainer. If using the cooking pan, cover the grains with cool water and scrub them gently with your hands. Hold hand on pan edge to dump the water (keep grains in pan). If using a strainer, simply run cool water over the grains and scrub lightly by rubbing the grains against your hands.
- Place in a medium saucepan with milk, water, and cinnamon over high heat
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain any remaining liquid, if any.
- Add in flaxseed and honey, then top with fresh pomegranate seeds
Potluck Happiness | Tips to simplify life & maximize health. http://potluckhappiness.com/