Lately, we have been getting a ton of parsnips in our organic share. There have been quite a few rainy and cooler days which in my opinion, is perfect weather for a nice bowl of soup. Creamy and hearty, this parsnip soup is vegan and another easy way to incorporate a new ingredient into our diet.
- 6 small parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 garlic gloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Earth balance vegan butter
- 3 Russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place parsnips, onion, and potato on a lightly oiled baking sheet and roast for roughly 20 minutes or until soft.
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, melt butter, then add onions, celery, garlic, salt, and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add roasted vegetables, along with water and vegetable broth to other ingredients.
- Cover and let simmer for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat, and allow it to cool.
- Using a hand held blender or food processor, carefully puree soup until smooth.
- Serve at desired temperature and top with diced green onion as garnish.
There are multiple ways to get involved and support the Potluck Happiness community. Join our newsletter for giveaways, discounts, and site updates (Never any spam). Search the site for Recipes, Adventures, and Simple Home living, or check out our Shop of handmade artisan goods. Share your happiness with the community by posting recipes, DIY tips, and home remedies. Follow us and share us with friends via Instagram andFacebook. Thank you so much for sharing in the space and making this online community a reality.