This delicious creamy vegan pumpkin soup is the perfect recipe to warm up a cool Fall night. Unfortunately, in South Florida we only have a 3-4 weeks of “cooler” weather so the thought of a hot soup doesn’t always sound like the best dining choice. This soup however, may be an exception as it is creamy,savory, and rather easy to make. Its a versatile recipe that allows you to add other ingredients such as leeks, roasted pine nuts, or cayenne pepper. Keep a look out as we will be sharing more pumpkin recipes As we try to satisfy those pumpkin cravings!
Share some of your favorite pumpkins recipes with the Potluck Happiness community. We look forard to hearing from you.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp.coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tbsp ground nutmeg
- Sea salt to taste
- In a large sauce pan, heat your coconut oil
- Add your onion and carrots
- Saute for 5-10 minutes until wilted and soft.
- Incorporate vegetable broth.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Puree all ingredients in your blender or food processor until creamy/smooth consistency is reached.
- Return to your saucepan and heat gently until desired conssitency is reached ( Add water to thin out stock.
- Add salt and pepper to adjust seasonings to taste.