Once you’ve tried grilled corn-on-the-cob, there’s no going back to the boiled/steamed ones. There’s a smoky sweetness to these grilled babies, while remaining juicy by grilling with the corn husks attached. Pair with Pepper-Lime Butter and sprinkle with cheese or chives for instant wow-factor!
- 4 Ears of Corn-on-the-Cob (with husks) 6 Tbsp Vegan Butter (We Use Earth Balance)
- 1 Medium Lime
- 1 clove garlic – crushed or diced finely
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper (Skip if serving to kids)
- Parmesan Cheese or Finely chopped Chives (optional)
- Carefully peel away husks of corn, but leave attached to cob.
- Remove silky strands from the inside, and replace husks so that they recover the corn again.
- Add corn with husks to a clean sink or large bowl of cool water to soak for 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- While corn is soaking, heat grill to medium heat and start butter preparation.
- Add 1 Tbsp Butter to a small frying pan over medium heat.
- When melted, add garlic and stir constantly to lightly brown the garlic.
- Add hot garlic-butter to remaining butter. Add Sea Salt and Cayenne Pepper. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Set aside.
- Add soaked corn with husks directly to grill and cook with lid closed for approximately 20 minutes. Turn every 5 minutes.
- Test for cooked corn by easily piercing kernels with a paring knife.
- Remove the husks and apply Pepper-Butter to warm kernels.
- Add a squirt of lime to each cob, and dust with Parmesan cheese or sprinkle with chives.
- Serve immediately.
There are multiple ways to get involved and support the Potluck Happiness community. Join our newsletter for giveaways, discounts, and site updates (Never any spam). Search the site for Recipes, Adventures, and Simple Home living, or check out our Shop of handmade artisan goods. Share your happiness with the community by posting recipes, DIY tips, and home remedies. Follow us and share us with friends via Instagram and Facebook. Thank you so much for sharing in the space and making this online community a reality. We value you!