Tomatillos arrived in this weeks share, just in time for a weekend full of football. This easy to make 4 ingredient salsa verde recipe is the perfect sidekick to some guacamole, and chips. Salsa verde is also great on burritos, tacos, or just about any Mexican dish you might be craving.
Studies have shown that people either love or hate cilantro, there is no in between. We are haters, so cilantro is not welcome in our home, but is optional in this recipe for you cilantro lovers.
There are multiple ways to get involved and support the Potluck Happiness community. Join our newsletter for giveaways, discounts, and site updates (Never any spam). Search the site for Recipes, Adventures, and Simple Home living, or check out our Shop of handmade artisan goods. Share your happiness with the community by posting recipes, DIY tips, and home remedies. Follow us and share us with friends via Facebook. Thank you so much for sharing in the space and making this online community a reality. We value you!
- 6 medium tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Rinse and husk tomatillos.
- Rinse and cut the stem off jalapeno
- Finely chop 1/4" cup of onion
- Place the tomatillos, jalapeno, and onion, in a saucepan, and cover with water.
- Sprinkle the salt over the top, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until tomatillos mixture is soft and light brown in color (roughly 15 minutes).
- Pour mixture into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Serve at room temperature
- Cilantro optional