Make a breakfast shake by soaking old-fashioned rolled outs (not quick-cook) in almond milk overnight. When blended the next morning, you’ll have a creamy, nutritious, and balanced shake that will keep you satiated all morning long. This would also work well with banana or mango, depending on the seasonality. But, since its Fall, we are loving all things pumpkin spice at the moment. Fo even more pumpkin spice fix, don’t forget to check out our Pumpkin Whoopie Pies and the Pumpkin Spice Pancakes. Your house will smell good enough to eat!
- 1.5 cup Almond Milk (or other vegan milk of choice)
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 c. pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp. raw, local honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (plus extra sprinkled on top)
- 1/2 frozen banana (optional)
- Mix almond milk, honey, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice until blended. Add rolled oats and store in a covered container overnight.
- The next morning, blend with ice or frozen banana until smooth. Sprinkle with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- Note: If you do not have Pumpkin Pie Spice, add the following ground spices together: 1/4 tsp ground allspice, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground ginger