When we received 3 heads of green cabbage in out last organic buying club share, we had to get creative. Thankfully, a friend suggested a simple grilled green cabbage recipe that requires only 6 commonly found ingredients. Skeptical at first, it was delicious!
- 1 large head Organic Green Cabbage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 fresh lemon, squeezed
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Slice cabbage from the top down to make 1-inch thick slices.
- Lay cabbage flat in a single layer on a large, lightly greased baking sheet.
- Rub each side of each of the steaks with minced garlic.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice across each steak.
- Brush each side liberally brush with the oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the cabbage steaks 20 minutes on each side or until the edges of the leaves are nicely browned and the rest of the steak is tender.
- While still hot, drizzle each slice with a little olive oil. Serve while hot or at room temperature.
Next time you have an extra head of cabbage, give this recipe and let us know what you think.