Earlier this week, we talked about the amazing nutritional benefits of including broccoli into your diet. This creamy of broccoli soup is vegan and full of our new favorite Super Food.
There are multiple ways to get involved and support the Potluck Happiness community. Join our newsletter for giveaways, discounts, and site updates (Never any spam). Search the site for Recipes, Adventures, and Simple Home living, or check out our Shop of handmade artisan goods. Share your happiness with the community by posting recipes, DIY tips, and home remedies. Follow us and share us with friends via Facebook. Thank you so much for sharing in the space and making this online community a reality. We value you!
- 1 head of broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 2 Yukon gold or russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp vegan sour cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, vegetable broth,salt, and pepper. Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil. Return the heat to medium, cover and cook for another 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add broccoli and bring to a simmer, then cover until the broccoli is tender but not overcooked, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender (or use an immersion blender); add the rice milk and puree until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and bring to a simmer; stir in the nutritional yeast.
- To adjust consistency, add water.
- Finish with a dollop of vegan sour cream.