If you are like us, then a tasty late night snack hits the spot. This simple roasted tamari almond recipe has only 3 ingredients and tastes great. We like to add a little cayenne pepper for an extra kick. A source of biotin and Vitamin E, almonds are known to lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. For us Vegetarians, it is important to supplement protein in our diet. Almonds fill the void left by animal proteins while giving us a boost in Omega 3 fatty acids.
Good for the belly and good for the heart.
Roast some up and enjoy!
- 6 cups of raw almonds (2 lbs.)
- 1/3 cup San-J Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Vegan sugar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Divide almonds between two parchment paper lined baking sheets
- Place in oven and roast for 15 minutes
- Stir together tamari and sugar in a large glass bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Combine almonds with tamari mixture and stir until coated evenly.
- Return almonds to baking pans with a slotted spoon, and sprinkle a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional).
- Roasted for another 25 minutes, (flip halfway through) until almonds are dark brown outside.
- Remove almonds and place on cooling racks, for 20 minutes, then transfer to an airtight container.